Once each year the Rotary Club of Kahului recognizes a single individual for exceptional service to vocational training in our community. We do this to:
1) Recognize the importance of service of the individual to society through excellence in one's vocation;
2) Promote high ethical standards in the community by recognizing those individuals who most highly exhibit "Service Above Self;"
3) Inspire vocational leadership and recognize and reward achievers in the community; and
4) Set an example to others of the need to pursue and strive for VOCATIONAL EXCELLENCE to the benefit of everyone, their vocations, and the community in which they live.
The recipient receives a stunning award and framed certificate in a presentation at the October 30, 2006 club meeting. This is the first year of this award program for our club.
· Non-Rotarian working or volunteering for a vocational training program or organization on Maui (not someone enrolled in a vocational training program);
· Exemplary leadership demonstrated by the individual;
· Effective fulfillment of the organization’s vocational training mission;
· Direct contribution of vocational talents to problems and needs of Maui;
· Embodies and promotes high ethical standards in business (4-Way Test);
· The organization’s commitment to community development and training.
Solicitation for Nominees. Nominations will be solicited from within our club membership. Nominations will be accepted August 27, 2006 through September 17, 2007.
A committee of club members will consider all nominations and announce the results at the October 29, 2007 meeting.